[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 2176: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 2176: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4322: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3524)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4324: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3524)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4325: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3524)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4326: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3524)
WannaKnow • View topic - T.O. hotel

Return to Halton Region
 Return to Sports/Leisure

This topic is visible to all WannaKnow sites throughout Ontario T.O. hotel

Whether it's organized sports or leisure activities in the %s community, we'll discuss them all right here in this forum. Let's talk 'travel' too. *
Share on Facebook

T.O. hotel

Postby guitarkicker » Sat May 01, 2010 1:23 pm

We are heading to Toronto for a weekend for a concert and possibly a Bluejay game. Can anyone suggest a hotel near both the ACC and Skydome that is reasonably priced?
guitarkicker
(Windsor Essex County)
Leader
Leader

Re: T.O. hotel

Postby Life Learner » Sat May 01, 2010 1:31 pm

We have an event taking place in TO as well, and we booked the Sheraton Four Points for $95.00/night. I thought that was a really good deal. I'm not sure if it's close to where you're going but here's the link Four Points by Sheraton.
Let everything become your teacher
Life Learner
(Windsor Essex County)
Elder
Elder

Postby guitarkicker » Sat May 01, 2010 9:04 pm

Great price Life Learner but it is a little far from where we want to be. We want to park our car for the weekend and walk to the ACC and Rogers centre.
guitarkicker
(Windsor Essex County)
Leader
Leader

Postby Shirl#1 » Sun May 02, 2010 11:24 am

I`d like to recommend the Holiday Inn on King Street West. Reasonable rates - excellent place to stay - great restaurant. You can walk to the Sky Centre - as well, the street cars & subway will take you almost anywhere you would like to go in Toronto, without using your car.
Shirl#1
(Windsor Essex County)

Postby Cedra » Mon May 03, 2010 2:10 pm

The forums on Trip Advisor are a great place to find info on hotels and such
www.tripadvisor.com
Cedra
(Windsor Essex County)
Elder
Elder

Postby Life Learner » Wed May 05, 2010 9:48 am

We're back from our trip to Toronto and although the Four Points is an older hotel, we enjoyed our stay there. It is right across the street from Lake Ontario and there is a great bike/walking path along the water. Also, this hotel was just a short cab ride from the event we were attending. The staff at the hotel were very friendly and accomodating. I would definitely stay there again. :P
Life Learner
(Windsor Essex County)
Elder
Elder

Postby guitarkicker » Mon May 31, 2010 2:07 pm

Thanks for all the tips everyone. We used trip adviser to check out a number of places. We ended up staying at the Rogers centre. It was not given a great rating by trip adviser but it wasn't given a horrible one either. We got a good rate and found the room to be decent. Stayed at better, stayed at much worse. It was clean and spacious. Our room overlooked the city not the baseball field. Saturday morning we had breakfast at the restaurant just off the lobby at a table overlooking the diamond. We watched the grounds crew get the field ready for the afternoon game [which we attended] and saw some players do their morning run around the field. It was a fun experience and I'd do it again.
guitarkicker
(Windsor Essex County)
Leader
Leader

Postby Flower » Tue Jun 01, 2010 9:27 pm

Have to check hotwire.ca as well? They have good rate for TO's hotels. I hope you are not coming the weekend of G20 Sumit. CN Tower and Roger Centre will be closed and even portion of the Downtown will be restricted.
Flower
(Windsor Essex County)
Wanderer
Wanderer

Postby Life Learner » Fri Nov 26, 2010 11:26 am

I just stayed at the Strathcona hotel located on York across from the train station (Union Station) in Toronto and here's my review:

- Price was excellent as it was $87 per night and it is in walking distance to the CN tower, train station, Air Canada Center & Rogers Center. However, with this hotel being close to everything, you also hear all the sirens throughout the night and believe me, there are a lot of them. I would wear ear plugs next time I stay there. The room was cute and clean. The housekeeping staff was attentive and personable.

- I noticed black spots (mold) on the wall just above the heating/cooling system and so I told the front desk and they moved me to another room. The next day, I could smell bleach in the hall and sure enough they had stripped the wallpaper off the wall in that room and a worker was attending to it. I applaud them for not just wiping it off and renting the room out to some unsuspecting guest.

- The food in the pub in the basement is OK - not great but OK. The waiter pretty well ignored us though :| . Seeing as it was just me and my daughter travelling, I didn't feel comfortable venturing out for dinner as it was dark outside. However, there is a steak house nearby and other restaurants as well and Tim Horton's is just across the street.

I would definitely stay there again.
Attachments
room2.jpg
room2.jpg (64.65 KiB) Viewed 10357 times
room.jpg
room.jpg (67.84 KiB) Viewed 10357 times
Life Learner
(Windsor Essex County)
Elder
Elder

Postby Cedra » Fri Nov 26, 2010 11:39 am

Life Learner

My daughter and I stayed at the Strathcona in August. It was perfect for us. And we also ate one night down at the Pub. We must have had the same server.. he dropped off our food and that was the last we saw of him til we were finished.
The Tim Hortons was quite convenient. When we stayed there was a homeless gentleman there that oepned the door for me every time I went in.
And it is soo conveniently located to everything. We had taken GO transit from Peterborough. So it was a short walk to the hotel and even to walk downtown was only 15 minutes.
Love the Strathcona and will definitley stay there again.
Cedra
(Windsor Essex County)
Elder
Elder

Return to Sports/Leisure
Return to Halton Region

Search

Advanced search