[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 2176: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 2176: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4322: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3524)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4324: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3524)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4325: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3524)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4326: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3524)
WannaKnow • View topic - gym memberships

Return to Halton Region
 Return to Sports/Leisure

This topic is visible to all WannaKnow sites throughout Ontario gym memberships

Whether it's organized sports or leisure activities in the %s community, we'll discuss them all right here in this forum. Let's talk 'travel' too. *
Share on Facebook

gym memberships

Postby den mother » Wed Jan 27, 2010 10:24 am

Are there any Lifestyle Family Fitness members on wannaknow? I am curious as to how you like this club and do you think the membership costs are reasonable and realistic? How do you like the service and policies? I am going to check it out today(with a guest pass) and I usually get talked into joining things-but hopefully, someone who actually goes can give me their perspective...thanks!
den mother
(Windsor Essex County)
Leader
Leader

Re: gym memberships

Postby baby ducky » Mon Feb 01, 2010 9:57 pm

I go to goodlife fitness above the super center on Walker Rd. Its a womens gym only. They offer a great rate of 5 dollars per week and if you want to attend the classes, its an extra 2 dollars per week. I really enjoy it there. I know ppl who do go to lifestyles and really enjoy it there tom but uts really pricey. Hope this helps !!!!!
Our baby boys first breath, took ours away.
baby ducky
(Windsor Essex County)
Leader
Leader

Postby open2life » Mon Feb 01, 2010 11:23 pm

baby ducky I too was a Goodlife member! I wanted to give you the "heads up" in case you didn't read the "tiny writing" on that pink sheet we first signed when joining.
If and when you decide to stop going, be sure to WRITE A LETTER TO YOUR GYM 3 MONTHS BEFORE, letting them know you want them to stop taking money out of your account. This I didn't know until after the fact, and 2 months of payment with no visits to the gym from me.
Good lesson for me - ALWAYS read the fine print :oops:
“Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not.”

~Dr. Seuss
open2life
(Windsor Essex County)
Elder
Elder

Postby baby ducky » Tue Feb 02, 2010 11:19 am

wow...thanks for the heads up. I'll be sure to do that. :)
Our baby boys first breath, took ours away.
baby ducky
(Windsor Essex County)
Leader
Leader

Postby den mother » Tue Mar 02, 2010 7:55 pm

Well...we did it! Signed the contract...Joined with Lifestyles Family Fitness.
It was very tough to make the decision. GoodLife had a really great sign up incentive-and-from what I was able to see-looked like a nice casual work out facility.
What 'sealed the deal' for us was that Lifestyles has an 8 week- 'Boot Camp' for teens. It is designed to show the young ones how to use all the machines and weights-also focused on indepth discussion about how exercise enhances your life in so many ways. That sounded really good to my husband and I. Get our 13 year old daughter off to a really good start-thinking about all the great benefits of an active life-not just the majority of time spent on the computer!!!
Another great feature of this club is the 'salt water' pool. I used it for the first time today and what a nice change from soaking in a pool of chlorine...The salt water is very healing for skin and joint care, too.
So, I hope we will not be dissapointed or suprized by the 'small print'????
den mother
(Windsor Essex County)
Leader
Leader

Postby Prickly Pear » Thu May 06, 2010 9:08 am

Get your teens off the couch

Registration begins today for free memberships for teens for the months of July and August.

•Must be 14-17 years of age (proof of age is required at first visit).
•Program membership duration: July 2nd, 2010 until August 31, 2010. All teen memberships expire on August 31, 2010.
•Valid between the hours of 8:00am-4:00pm, seven days a week. Last check-in is at 3:00pm. All workouts must be completed by 4:00pm.
•Teens may workout up to 2 hours per day.
•It's FREE.
•Parent or guardian must be present at first visit.
•Valid at all GoodLife Fitness clubs across Canada (excluding Atlantic Canada).
Prickly Pear
(Windsor Essex County)
Leader
Leader

Postby baby blue » Fri Jul 09, 2010 10:07 am

For those of you still contemplating joining a gym, Curves has a one week free special going on. For all details, go to this link Curves website.
baby blue
(Windsor Essex County)
Elder
Elder

Postby baby blue » Tue Mar 22, 2011 9:30 am

If you still haven't joined a gym, now is the time because for today only, you can get 10 Group-Fitness Classes at Absolute Fitness for Women ($150 Value) for only $40. They are located at 2491 Dougall in Windsor. Click here for further information and to order this great deal from Groupon.
baby blue
(Windsor Essex County)
Elder
Elder

Return to Sports/Leisure
Return to Halton Region

Search

Advanced search