[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 2176: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 2176: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4322: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3524)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4324: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3524)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4325: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3524)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4326: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3524)
WannaKnow • View topic - Summer olympics

Return to Halton Region
 Return to On the Town

This topic is visible to all WannaKnow sites throughout Canada Summer olympics

Whether you go "Out on the Town" in %s to dinner, to a play, to the movies or to a concert, the WannaKnow community wants to read your reviews and comments in this forum. *
Share on Facebook

Summer olympics

Postby Home Body » Fri Jul 27, 2012 7:21 pm

Openings ceremonies for the summer olympics were quite good. really enjoyed Mr. Bean playing chariots of fire with the symphony orchestra. :lol: :lol:
Home Body
(Windsor Essex County)
Guide
Guide

Re: Summer olympics

Postby Silver Fox » Sat Jul 28, 2012 8:49 am

Granted that part was funny but otherwise, I thought the ceremony was not spectacular like it should have been.
Silver Fox
(Windsor Essex County)
Leader
Leader

Postby open2life » Sun Jul 29, 2012 9:59 am

What is your favourite event to watch?
“Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not.”

~Dr. Seuss
open2life
(Windsor Essex County)
Elder
Elder

Postby Domestic Engineer » Sun Jul 29, 2012 7:36 pm

Syncronized swimming is my favourite. I just can't believe how they are always spot on with their movements.
Domestic Engineer
(Windsor Essex County)
Leader
Leader

Postby Life Learner » Mon Jul 30, 2012 8:12 am

My favourite is gymnastics. I was fortunate to attend some events at the 1976 summer olympics and I witnessed Nadia Comaneci perform a perfect 10. She was the first female gymnast to receive a perfect 10 and I was there!
Let everything become your teacher
Life Learner
(Windsor Essex County)
Elder
Elder

Postby Silver Fox » Tue Jul 31, 2012 7:57 am

Lucky you life Learner! I like diving because of the gracefulness of the sport and I don't know how they do it to not splash so much as they enter the pool.
Silver Fox
(Windsor Essex County)
Leader
Leader

Postby Ontario News Hound » Wed Aug 08, 2012 9:05 am

Thought you'd wannaknow that there are five locals athletes competing in this years's Olympics. They are:
Melissa Bishop (Track and Field), Mary Spencer (Boxing), Amanda Reason (Swimming), David Tremblay (Wrestling) and Virginia McLachlan (Paralympics Track and Field).
Ontario News Hound
(Region of Peel)
Leader
Leader

Postby baby ducky » Thu Aug 09, 2012 8:01 am

I missed the opening ceremonies and I'm not too interested in the olympics. I guess I'm tooo busy now. I figure if anything exciting happens I can watch a rerun of it ;)
Our baby boys first breath, took ours away.
baby ducky
(Windsor Essex County)
Leader
Leader

Postby Krunk » Fri Aug 10, 2012 8:34 am

I'm with Silver Fox...I like the diving. :mrgreen:
The 3 R's. R educe R e-use R ecycle.
Krunk
(Windsor Essex County)
Leader
Leader

Postby Ontario News Hound » Mon Aug 13, 2012 10:35 am

27 Ontario athletes reached the podium at the 2012 London Olympics, including 24 who received support through the province's Quest for Gold program.

To see a list of those athletes, click here. It's too bad though that not all their pictures are on the website.
Ontario News Hound
(Region of Peel)
Leader
Leader

Next

Return to On the Town
Return to Halton Region

Search

Advanced search