[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 2176: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 2176: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4322: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3524)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4324: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3524)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4325: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3524)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4326: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3524)
WannaKnow • View topic - got fleas?

Return to Halton Region
 Return to Family

This topic is visible to all WannaKnow sites throughout Canada got fleas?

Our family forum is here to serve our community of %s. WannaKnow is for moms, dads, children, grandparents & seniors! Hey, let's include our pets here too! *
Share on Facebook

got fleas?

Postby den mother » Fri Aug 19, 2011 9:23 am

I am wondering if anyone else is having 'flea issues' at their house?
Is there a 'flea outbreak' going on this summer?
Kind of like the 'bed bug' rampage that seemed to start last summer?
I have had a household of several cats and dogs for the past 16 years and we have not had fleas until now!
den mother
(Windsor Essex County)
Leader
Leader

Re: got fleas?

Postby Windsor Health » Sat Aug 20, 2011 7:54 am

I've read that DeFlea is the best natural product to get rid of fleas but I don't know if it's available in Canada.It's at petco in the states though.To prevent fleas in the first place, mix lavender oil with water (ratio 1:4) and get a cloth-like collar and spray it on it and maybe on their bedding to.
Windsor Health
(Windsor Essex County)
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Lucy » Sat Aug 20, 2011 8:25 pm

I haven't heard of an outbreak. Do you use Advantage?
Lucy
(Windsor Essex County)
Leader
Leader

Postby baby ducky » Sun Aug 21, 2011 9:31 am

our vet said that this has been the worse flea and tick season for as long as he has been in the practice :?
Our baby boys first breath, took ours away.
baby ducky
(Windsor Essex County)
Leader
Leader

Postby den mother » Sun Aug 21, 2011 10:26 am

I started spraying my dogs, cats and bedding with the lavender water. I also made up a mixture of garlic olive oil and brewers yeast and mix that into their food. Today, I will go to find cedar wood chips and make a bed with it.
I have not had to use advantage or anything like that-especially since most of my animals are hairless-and some have very little hair, too. I guess that is why I spotted the fleas so quickly.
No more grassy dog parks for awhile...
Thanks for everyones imput.: :D
den mother
(Windsor Essex County)
Leader
Leader

Postby Snow_tabby » Mon Aug 22, 2011 7:31 pm

I also have heard about the lavender oil and cedar wood but I don't think the garlic is safe for my kitty.
Snow_tabby
(Windsor Essex County)
Leader
Leader

Postby den mother » Mon Aug 22, 2011 8:00 pm

I give the garlic to my dogs.
Two of my cats are hairless-fleas don't seem to be on them.LOL!
den mother
(Windsor Essex County)
Leader
Leader

Return to Family
Return to Halton Region

Search

Advanced search